Head of Brand & Communications
Head of Brand & Communications
Location – Wimbledon, South West London
Type – Permanent
Hours – 35 hours per week
Salary – Circa £70,000
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
Our People and Strategy Directorate are looking for a Head of Brand & Communications to develop the CIPD’s corporate brand and communications strategy.
As Head of Brand & Communications, you will build the profile and reputation of the CIPD and HR profession as the trusted and respected experts in work, workforce and workplace issues and in addition, develop the Institute’s engagement strategy in support of the Institute’s transformation strategy.
- Support the development of the Institute’s corporate brand strategy, ensuring alignment to the Institute’s strategy and knowledge capital strategy and positioning CIPD as a key influencer in the world of work
- Develop key corporate messages and leverage key channels (PR, Media, and Digital) to create maximum impact
- In collaboration with the Head of Publishing devise appropriate stakeholder engagement plans to influence the influencers in the world of work
- In collaboration with Head of Strategy Development lead the engagement and communications strategy for the Institute’s Professionalism agenda
- Working with Head of Research and Head of Policy, ensure the delivery of appropriate content priorities via appropriate channels
- Contribute to strategy direction setting and the development of shared objectives for the Directorate as part of the Strategy, Brand & Communications Leadership team, to support effective goal realisation
- Develop the team strategy, set objectives, business planning, budgeting and forecasting in line with the Directorate and CIPD-wide objectives, to deliver on business performance
Knowledge, skills & experience
We are looking for someone with impeccable judgement and sound understanding of brand guardianship and communication strategies. You will work closely with the Strategy, Brand and Communications team to establish content priorities and identify appropriate channels as well as constantly scanning the horizon for opportunities and threats.
You will possess exceptional time and people-management skills, and be able to keep track of multiple priorities. You will have extensive experience working within marketing and communications and will be expected to be highly creative and be able to spot and shape opportunities to raise the profile of CIPD externally.
Experience of managing communications through a period of organisation transformation and change is highly desirable.
Other requirements are -
- Proven experience developing and implementing communication strategy and management at senior level in a diverse organisation
- A strong understanding of communications strategy and tactics plus experience of developing competitive communications strategies
- Previous or current experience managing teams
- Extensive experience of communicating through different channels and understanding how to make sure channels are appropriate both to message and audience
- Journalistic skills or experience would be advantageous
- Experience of sense-checking demands and requests and driving forward a cohesive communications output as a whole while retaining clear focus and commitment to seeing each separate communication as part of the bigger picture
- Expertise in developing and implementing strategies to influence opinion formers and engage influencers at a high level
- The gravitas and ability to build strong relationship with external individuals and organisations whilst also developing key relationships within CIPD
- Strong people management, emotional intelligence and personal presence to be able to deal with key influencers with confidence
- An ability to manage competing priorities and delegate effectively
** Please note, the closing date for this vacancy is Friday 4 November 2016
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click Apply.
CIPD valuing everyone as an individual
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.