Team Manager - Training Operations
Team Manager - Training Operations
Location – Wimbledon, South West London
Type – Permanent
Hours – 35 hours per week
Salary – £32,500 - £36,500
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
The CIPD Training Operations team are looking for a Team Manager to manage operational support activities to contribute to successful achievement of operational and quality performance targets.
- Promote a positive and customer centric culture amongst team members, leading by example, being a role model through your skills, knowledge and team
- Manage team quality and compliance in line with internal quality standards and external policies for accredited qualifications
- Manage team activities effectively and efficiently in order to deliver against team objectives, key metrics and SLA’s and as a result to achieve service excellence and financial targets
- Actively manage the cost of training operations, looking for opportunities to be more efficient and drive cost of delivery down without compromising service
- Prepare, implement, review and update resource plans for your team ensuring resource is allocated according to your staffing budget and team activity levels
- Manage the performance of your team in order to deliver high performance levels, this includes: carrying regular one to one meetings, coaching, training, performance and development reviews
- Coach and develop team members ensuring they meet specified skills, behaviour and knowledge requirements including: product knowledge, systems, customer service and sales skills and PACE values
- Be responsible for handling escalated complaints in the department in line with department complaints procedure, using customer complaints to drive continuous improvement in the department
- Identify and implement continuous improvements that will benefit customers and improve customer satisfaction - including listening and engaging with customers and using their feedback to inform ideas for improvements
- Produce regular agreed statistics as well as adhoc reports as required, regularly communicating and sharing reports and customer insight with a range of audiences within and outside your team
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Of Graduate calibre
- Excellent communication and customer service skills via a range of channels
- Substantial team and line management experience in a similar admin environment ideally with experience of managing training support
- Experience of managing student administration for accredited qualifications is desirable
- Experience of mapping and improving processes
- Substantial experience of delivering customer service over the phone in a customer service or contact centre environment.
- Strong coaching skills and the ability to develop and grow team capability
- Leadership, team working and team building skills
- Ability to quickly learn and disseminate in depth product, systems and process knowledge to others
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills, able to work to strict deadlines under constant pressure, in a dynamic environment
- A flair for, and interest in analysing statistics is essential and the jobholder must be confident using spreadsheets
- Computer literate and able to learn new systems quickly
- Experience of building effective relationships with internal stakeholders
- Ability to deal with people at all levels, and contacts both inside and outside the organisation is essential
- Experience of handling escalated complex complaints from customers
- An interest in HR is desirable
** Please note, the closing date for this vacancy is Wednesday 30 November 2016
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click Apply.
CIPD valuing everyone as an individual
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.