Volunteering Programme Manager
Volunteering Programme Manager
Location – Wimbledon, South West London
Type – 10 month short term contract
Hours – 24 hours per week
Salary – Circa £45,000 (FTE)
We’re the CIPD — the professional body for HR and people development. We are the voice of a worldwide community of more than 140,000 members committed to championing better work and working lives. We’ve been setting the benchmark for excellence in people and organisation development for more than 100 years, helping members build their professional expertise and organisations build their HR and leadership capability.
Following a successful pilot, our Community Investment team, has secured external funding to work on a high profile national volunteering programme that aims to promote better careers education in schools. HR and L&D professionals are well suited to support this programme and we will be working to recruit and support our members to participate.
In order to deliver this activity we are looking for a Volunteering Programme Manager to join the Community Investment team on a part time basis for a ten month contract. As Volunteering Programme Manager you will manage the delivery of the CIPD’s participation in the national senior volunteering programme, ensuring external volunteer recruitment targets are met. This will include leading on a marketing strategy and representing the CIPD to a high profile national funder and other senior external stakeholders.
- Provide excellent programme management, overseeing the CIPD’s delivery of mass recruitment for a high profile national volunteering programme
- Be a lead representative for the CIPD to key national stakeholders (the funders) and numerous regional delivery partners, upholding our reputation and brand through high quality leadership of the programme and excellent communication at external meetings and presentations. Leading on a monthly update meetings schedule
- Lead on the development of an effective promotion and marketing strategy for the programme, working with the CIPD branch, marketing, PR and social media teams to ensure all CIPD channels are maximised at a national and local level
- Line management responsibility for the Volunteering Recruitment Executive and day to day programme management of the Volunteering and Recruitment Officer
- In partnership with the Recruitment and Volunteering Officer and Senior Community Investment Manager, work to ensure the senior programme is embedded into CIPD’s wider professionalisation agenda by developing case studies and collecting evidence of skills development
- Work with the Volunteering and Recruitment Officer and Volunteering Recruitment Executive to ensure all volunteer recruitment processes for the programme are implemented and delivered to an excellent standard, ensuring high quality candidates are referred to the programme
- Oversee the Volunteering Recruitment Executive and Volunteering and Recruitment Officer to ensure that high quality, accurate external reports are delivered to the funder and regional delivery partners in a timely manner
- Oversee the delivery of targeted regional events to promote the programme and establish a network of senior level HR professionals that can act on behalf of the CIPD to champion the programme more broadly as well as opportunity spotting key case studies and promoting successes on the programme
Knowledge, skills & experience
- A self-starter with demonstrable experience of programme management and the ability to manage a small team. Experience of delivering a national volunteering programme and/or mass recruitment is also desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, ideally with some experience of overseeing a marketing or promotional campaign, as well as experience of representing themselves to senior external stakeholders
- A high level of diplomacy and ability to manage difficult and challenging situations with people at all levels
- Excellent at developing good working relationships with colleagues and external contacts acting as a visible and credible ambassador for CIPD
- Highly organised and will preferably have experience of delivering against external milestones in a timely manner
- Keen to seek to understand how the programme supports the work of the wider Community Investment team and fits into the CIPD’s wider purpose of Championing better work and working lives
- Some experience of the education and/or careers landscape will also be beneficial, but is not a pre-requisite
Some UK-wide travel will be required for attendance at meeting and external events.
There has never been a more interesting or important time to join us. We offer a friendly and stimulating culture and a wide range of professional development opportunities and benefits such as 28 days’ holiday, free two-course lunch and flexible working hours.
If this role describes you and your career aspirations, then click Apply.
CIPD valuing everyone as an individual
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore we would urge candidates to submit an application as soon as possible.