A bit of an unusual one! I've been at (HR) Administrator level for 3 years now, and have an extra two years experience as an administrator/resourcer for a recruitment agency previous to that. I'm now officially qualified at level 3 (yay!) and am keen to look at ways to develop myself to the next step. I'm not looking for more money per say, but more responsibility and opportunity to progress into a more senior position. I should note I'm planning on starting L5 in September too.
I have mentioned this to my manager and suggested I perhaps looked at some job descriptions for Coordinator or Officer level so we could put a plan together, but thought I'd reach out to the community and ask for your thoughts? My current job duties involve (but are not limited to):
- General HR administration for the department (new starters/leavers, contracts etc. etc.)
- Minutes for investigation meetings and helping coordinate disciplinaries
- I launched our first ever staff survey and created a report/action plan to help improve staff engagement
- Assisting in the recruitment process
- Liaising with managers and all levels of staff in regards to general HR queries
What would you expect as the next step in natural progression within this type of role and how would you execute it?
Hope this makes sense!
Thanks in advance,