We’re looking for organisations to take part in our work taster pilot, designed to support CIPD students as they develop their skills and progress their HR careers. Its goal is to provide them with:
- first-hand experience of the working in HR departments
- an understanding of how job roles and sectors vary
- increased confidence and employability skills
- a strengthened CV and access to new networks
- experience in the workplace, translating theory into practice.
How will you benefit?
Many organisations value work taster placements to:
- build their talent pipelines: giving access to a wider range of potential employees and future HR talent.
- generate fresh ideas: new people offer new ideas and ways of thinking.
- develop staff: existing staff gain experience and develop their management, professional and personal skills.
- engage employees: providing work tasters sends a positive message to the wider workforce about the values of the organisation.
- engage with the local community: can boost local economic development and lead to increased brand loyalty and profile.
What does the pilot involve?
We’re looking for employers who can offer one day ‘work shadowing’ to three week’s work experience placements in HR and Learning and Development roles. We want it to be as flexible as possible to allow the pilot to fit around what you’re able to provide. We already have students waiting to be given the opportunity to widen their experience so please don’t hesitate to get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org. Full guidance will be provided.