Getting to grips with Shared parental leave: legal overview
Getting to grips with Shared parental leave: practical advice
Further information and resources
- Shared parental leave overview and in-depth page: information on employment law governing shared parental leave.
- Shuter v Ford Motor Company: case law write-up on matching maternity pay for an employee on additional paternity leave. This case could have implications for discrimination claims relating to shared parental pay.
- How to manage shared parental leave and pay: step by step guide on how to create a policy, respond to requests and manage leave.
- Shared parental leave flowchart: guidance through each step of dealing with shared parental leave requests.
- Managing shared parental leave variation requests: flowchart for dealing with requests to vary or cancel periods of shared parental leave.
- Managing shared parental leave and pay checklist: checklist covering all procedures you should carry out once an employee informs you they wish to take shared parental leave.
- Model documents and policies: Downloadable and customisable documents relating to shared parental leave, including policy and declaration and notice forms.
- Calculating statutory shared parental pay: calculator for statutory pay including legal notes and an example of how to calculate statutory pay.
- Workplace scenarios: example situations showing how different types of leave request can be dealt with.
- Q and As: expert answers to frequently asked questions relating to shared parental leave.