CIPD Whistleblower Advice Line
We are partnering with Public Concern at Work, the whistleblowing charity and leading authority in the field to offer an enhanced confidential service to our members. We recognise that a career in HR and L&D can place members in awkward situations with no one to talk to. Increasingly, whistle blowing issues are being raised and this member benefit provides a conduit to the experts to help you through a tricky situation.
We have negotiated an enhanced service for our members in the UK and Ireland, which is not available to the public. The aim of the advice line is to provide confidential:
- Advice to individuals with whistleblowing dilemmas at work
- Support to organisations with their whistleblowing policy
The service provided to our members consists of:
- Access to a dedicated 0800 advice line manned by legally trained advisers, overseen by qualified lawyers should members ever find themselves in a dilemma about what to do if they witness wrongdoing in the workplace.
- An assigned adviser will provide advice and support on raising a whistleblowing concern which will include a follow up call from PCaW to check on progress.
- 20% discount off both open and in-house training courses (PDF 82.6 KB)*
- 15% discount on a whistleblowing policy review
We're introducing the new advice line at a time when issues of trust, corporate transparency, and the need to protect whistleblowers has risen up the policy and business agendas. This is an issue the CIPD has been working on and will continue to work on with policy makers to address. But the new advice line is a more immediate and practical measure to support members.
Calls are free of charge from all consumer landlines and mobile phones. If you are calling from a business phone, you should check with your provider whether there will be a charge for calling 0800.
* Open course standard rate of £400 per delegate. 20% discount applies: price to CIPD members £320. Membership must be stated at time of booking. In-house training standard rate of £3,500 max 15 delegates. 20% discount applies: price to CIPD members £2,800. Membership must be stated at time of booking.
To book your training requirements, phone 0203 117 2520 and ask to speak to the business support team or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To claim your CIPD discount you will be asked to verify your membership number at the time of booking.
Useful further reading
Influencing Government policy
Promoting the agenda for productive workplaces, boosting economic performance and improving the quality of working life.