Welcome from the Chair
Welcome to the Merseyside and North Cheshire Branch.
This area lets you browse upcoming events and book your place and also tells you a little more about the branch itself. We're always keen to see new faces getting involved with branch activities, so if you've got any suggestions or ideas for the branch, why not come along to one of our committee meetings? Contact me or Gary Hewins, NW Regional Branch Coordinator.
Your Volunteer Committee is working hard to bring you a new programme for the year. As well using experience of previous successful events and your event feedback, we are using findings from the Branch member survey. You can still help shape the programme if you wish by completing our survey.
The new programme will be published by the end of the summer - more details to follow.
Merseyside branch is part of the Northern Area Partnership which runs an annual conference in York every June. Next year's is from 12:00 on Friday 17th June until 16:00 on Saturday 18th June. It is always current and great value for money.
We look forward to seeing you at our events and welcome your feedback on how we can continue to develop our branch to support your and your organisation's needs.
Chair, CIPD Merseyside and North Cheshire Branch
Our branch committee is elected each year at our Annual Meeting (AGM) which takes place in May. Our committee is run by volunteers so if you would like to get more involved or to learn more about what we do, please do get in touch with us.
Our Branch comprises a central committee and 3 geographical groups:
Our objective is to create and deliver a high quality relevant programme of speakers/workshops and presentations for our target audience of local HR practitioners, CIPD students and guests.
As a geographic group we ensure events are held in the locality, but of course all events are open to anyone across the whole Branch.
We look forward to welcoming you to future events.
For information on events or how to become a committee group member please contact us.
Hi and welcome to the North Cheshire Group.
Providing local learning and networking opportunities, we aim to help one another proactively whether in our jobs, studying or making your next career move and add value to your businesses.
Group activities are designed to enhance our credibility and strengthen links between HR, Training and the business.
Our shared goal is to demonstrate that HR and Training achieves business success, so please - come along to events, play an active role in our Group and help us make it happen.
St Helens, Runcorn and Warrington
The St Helens and Warrington (STAW) group is managed by a committee of volunteers who have a mix of talents and backgrounds representing the diversity of HR professionals and their employers.
Each year we run a series of events locally that are aimed at addressing the needs of HR professionals from all sectors, inspire pride in the profession, encourage engagement with Members in our profession and advance the profile of the profession.
We aim to be:
- friendly, welcoming, supportive and approachable
- inclusive and accessible in ways that strive to promote and embrace diversity
- advocates and champions of good practice for our profession
- professional, challenging and forward thinking
- open and responsive to our members' needs
- increase the value of HR professionals in the business community.
Our objectives are to:
- increase involvement / active membership year on year at STAW events and in committee membership
- design and deliver a varied programme of events including presentations and workshops to serve the professional development needs and interests of members
- encourage and support existing and new members to achieve professional level of membership wherever possible
- communicate with members in a variety of ways to promote/advertise the development programme of the group
- actively promote and increase networking through social media
- further enhance links with local education providers to encourage and support student participation in STAW events and in the STAW committee.
Follow us on Twitter
Like our Facebook Page
Join our LinkedIn Group
If you would like to sponsor an event by offering a suitable venue, or you would like to become a group committee member, then please contact our Regional Branch Coordinator. If you are interested contact us.
We look forward to meeting you and to welcoming you to future events.