Learning transfer is the extent to which course participants apply what they have learnt when they return to the workplace. This tool explores the steps that trainers can take at each stage of the learning cycle to make preparations to help course participants apply their learning at work.
Who this tool is for:
This tool is for new and inexperienced trainers to help them identify the steps they need to take to ensure that people apply what they have learnt in the workplace.
This tool will help you to:
- Plan for learning transfer
- Agree learning transfer responsibilities with managers
- Develop pre-course materials and activities
- Design the training and job aids
- Deliver the training so that it relates to the work environment
- Support for people on return to work