Online communities have much in common with gardens. Online communities require seeding, feeding and weeding to create and maintain participation. The role of gardener is taken by the community manager or facilitator. This is the person or group of people who are responsible for helping appropriate conversations take place and helping users get value from the community.
This tool will:
- explain the role of community manager
- provide guidance on building and maintaining participation in online communities.
Unit: Facilitating Collective and Social Learning (5CSL)
This tool maps to the following learning outcomes:
- Compare different models of collective and social learning.
- Describe the development of collective and social learning and their manifestations and uses in the workplace.
- Assess the factors to be considered when implementing collective and social learning programmes in organisations.