Unconferences have grown in popularity over the past decade as an alternative to regular conferences. However, the format, mindset and methods they use make them very adaptable and they can be used to create highly social and collaborative learning experiences.
This tool will look at:
- What is an Unconference?
- When to use the Unconference approach.
- How to run an Unconference style session.
Unit: Facilitating Collective and Social Learning (5CSL)
This tool maps to the following learning outcomes:
- Compare different models of collective and social learning.
- Describe the development of collective and social learning and their manifestations and uses in the workplace.
- Assess the factors to be considered when implementing collective and social learning programmes in organisations.