Online communities can be used to support a range of formal and informal learning activities. This tool will highlight some essential things to consider before you start setting up an online community.
Who this tool is for:
This tool is designed to help anyone who is considering setting up an online community to support learning, knowledge sharing or collaboration in their organisation.
This tool will cover:
- Features of online communities and how they can be used for learning
- How to successfully plan and launch an online community
- Common challenges of online communities.
Unit: Facilitating Collective and Social Learning (5CSL)
This tool maps to the following learning outcomes:
- Compare different models of collective and social learning.
- Describe the development of collective and social learning and their manifestations and uses in the workplace.
- Assess the factors to be considered when implementing collective and social learning programmes in organisations.