This tool involves a team meeting facilitated by the manager. A short questionnaire is completed by each member of the team before the meeting. The results are collated and summarised and are then used by the team during the meeting to make decisions about what to do to improve its effectiveness.
- To help managers identify the team's strengths and weaknesses
- To help the team identify where it needs to give attention in order to improve its performance
- To compile an action plan to address the key issues in the team
- To gain the commitment of the team through its involvement in the process
- To develop a common language in the team for issues related to team effectiveness.